We want to make sure you feel equipped to support students’ mental health, as well as your own. Please view our FAQ below and see how you can get in touch if you need it.
How do I refer a student to counselling?
If you have concerns about a student’s safety contact Public Safety and Security for urgent situations or emergency services, for non-urgent situations can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will reach out to you and/or the student.
How can I learn more about supporting students with mental health struggles?
- Our team of professional counsellors can provide workshops for students on a range of mental health challenges such as accessing counselling services, managing stress and anxiety, healthy sleep habits and more
- A counsellor can visit your classroom during orientation or at any time during the year to provide information to your students about how to access services
- We also offer workshops for staff and faculty on how to promote positive student mental health, how to support students in crisis, managing student stress in an on-line learning environment and other topics. Contact us for more information
- More Feet on the Ground: Learn how to recognize, respond and refer students experiencing mental health issues on campus.
- Other resources: Staff development / Cornerstone / TLX / FacultyConnect
What if I need help with my mental health?
Visit the Employee and Family Assistance Program
What help is available for students outside of the College?
We have an entire page dedicated to external supports for students.