Do you want to get involved in campus life? Are you looking for volunteer opportunities?
At George Brown College, students participating in the Student Life Volunteer Squad (SLVS) will foster the development of human skills, further your career clarity, and be an active volunteer and member of the George Brown College and global communities.
Volunteering through the Volunteer Squad is a great way to meet people around the college and develop the soft skills employers tell us they value such as Critical Thinking; Self-awareness; Professionalism and Self-Management; Effective Communication; Collaborative Teamwork and Leadership Skills.
The Benefits of Joining The Student Life Volunteer Squad (SLVS)
- It's a great way to get involved in the college community and enhance your student experience.
- There are many opportunities to network and meet students and staff from across the college.
- Gain new experiences through volunteerism at on campus events such as orientation, service fairs, academic workshops and more as well as various off campus opportunities.
PATHWAYS TO COMPLETION
To complete the Volunteer Squad program, the pathway is split into journeys:
You can start at any time. Student Life Volunteer Squad is open to all full-time George Brown College Students.
As a result of participating in Journey 1, you will be able to:
- Explore the importance of professionalism as a volunteer.
- Identify and articulate how volunteerism will contribute to your personal and career success.
- Participate in equity, diversity, and inclusion training that will strengthen your effectiveness as a volunteer.
As a result of participating in Journey 2, you will be able to:
- Apply the skills and knowledge learned from Journey 1 by actively volunteering.
- Reflect on your volunteer experiences and relate them to your career pathway
As a result of participating in Journey 3, you will be able to:
- Describe how your volunteer experience can equip you for future career success.
- Strengthen your job readiness (i.e. Create a LinkedIn profile, build a strong resume, strengthen their interview skills, professional communication).
- Strengthen your skills for success (i.e. Time management, teamwork, goal setting) Continue volunteering in various exciting ways.
A NEW JOURNEY BEGINS
As you finish your studies and graduate, you will embark on a new journey. The skills and knowledge you have gained during your time at the College, will prepare you for your future career.
We are looking for full-time George Brown College students wanting an exceptional experience. To join the Student Life Volunteer Squad and participate in the Volunteer Program, we ask that all members:
- Demonstrate respect for all individuals and the environment.
- Display a willingness to help others.
- Actively engage in our training and workshops.
- Attend one of our information sessions hosted by the Student Life Team.
- Volunteer and contribute to on-campus initiatives including new student orientations and college-wide events.
REGISTER FOR THE Student Life Volunteer Squad
You can register for the Student Life Volunteer Squad by completing an online form. By completing the on-line form, you also agree to occasional emails that will include volunteer and job opportunities, as well as social events for students who are part of the Volunteer Squad.
For any further inquiries, please contact Davor Mamuzic at email@example.com.