Study Abroad Tours and Courses
A compact way to gain meaningful international experience, ranging from 10 days to three weeks, these programs allow you to travel with faculty and peers, visiting different cities and countries gaining a deeper understanding of local culture and an enriching educational experience along the way!
Study abroad courses are combined with learning at George Brown, resulting in the completion of course requirements for your program of study.
How can you apply?
If you're a current George Brown student and would like to complete a study tour or course, you can learn about the application process below.
- 1 Explore Study Abroad Opportunities
- 2 Complete your Application
- 3 Submit your Application
- 4 Pay your Deposit
- 5 Next Steps
Explore Study Abroad Opportunities
|Opportunity||Travel Dates||Info Session Date(s)||Eligibility||Application Date||Apply Now|
|NEW: Lost Architectural Heritage, Abruzzo, Italy||OCT.20–NOV. 4, 2023||N/a||Open to T109 & T132||Deadline SEP. 27, 2023||Application Form|
|FEB. 11–16, 2024||OCT. 18, 2023|
|CHCA students||Deadline, OCT. 12, 2023||Application Form|
|NEW: Culinary Japan - The Wonders of Washoku||APR. 20–MAY 1, 2024||SEP. 29, 2023, 12 p.m. ET||CHCA students||UNTIL OCT. 20, 2023, by 12 p.m. (noon).||Application Form|
|APR. 20–MAY 4, 2024||SEP. 28, 2023, 11 a.m. ET||CHCA students||Deadline, OCT. 30, 2023||Application Form|
|APR. 21–MAY 3, 2024||SEP. 27, 2023, 11 a.m. ET||CHCA students||Deadline, OCT. 30, 2023||Application Form|
Complete your Application
Read and complete this detailed application form, which includes submitting a letter of intent, copy of passport photo page, and a Curriculum Advising & Program Planning (CAPP) report, which can be found on your STU-View account.
Submit your Application
You are almost there! Submit your completed application (application form, letter of intent, copy of passport photo page, and CAPP report) by the deadline date by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay your Deposit
You may pay the deposit via credit card or cheque.
Credit card: submit the Credit Card Authorization Form with your application.
Cheque: Submit your deposit cheque to the International Centre (St. James Campus, 200 King St E). Please include your student ID number and your study abroad program in the memo line.
Deposits are non-refundable unless the program does not meet minimum enrolment numbers.
Depending on the number of applicants, you may be invited to an interview regarding your desire to participate in a study abroad program approximately two weeks after the application deadline. Please review your letter of intent prior to the interview.
The Global Mobility team will contact successful candidates by email. The confirmation will include next steps, which include but are not limited to:
- Participating in the visa and scholarship session (approximately 6 months before program departure). The Global Mobility team will assist you in completing scholarship and bursary applications and applying for visas (if applicable).
- The payment installment schedule for the program.
- Attending a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation (approximately 8 weeks before departure). The Pre-Departure Orientation will include practical travel information, risk and safety abroad, developing your intercultural competency, and information about who to contact in the event of an emergency. It will also help you to identify the potential risks of international travel and assist you in developing strategies to mitigate common problems that you may experience abroad. Destination-specific information may also be provided.