This is a difficult time for many, so please reach out to us when you need support.
For more information around the College’s response to COVID, visit our Student FAQ page.
As a student, you may experience a range of mental health issues that may result in significant barriers to achieving your personal and academic goals. George Brown’s Counselling and Student Well-being Services offers a wide range of free and confidential services and programs that may be able to assist you. Let our professional counselling staff support you in learning to solve problems and develop ways to attain your goals – in your education and in your life.
- Counselling is free and confidential, available for currently registered George Brown College students.
- You’re welcome to explore any academic and non-academic issues because they all affect your success.
- The counselling office provides responsive services – same day appointments are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Workshops and counselling groups help you to get more from your education and are free to all registered students.
- We can arrange ongoing support with a community referral if short-term counselling cannot address your concern.
How to schedule a video counselling appointment
St. James Campus Counsellors
Phone: 416-415-5000 ext. 2107
Casa Loma Campus Counsellors
Phone: 416-415-5000 ext. 4585
Waterfront Campus Counsellors
Phone: 416-415-5000 ext. 5370
George Brown students at Ryerson can contact St. James campus to book an appointment.
Statement of Confidentiality
The George Brown College Counselling Department agrees to keep any information you share in strictest confidence. Under the Privacy Act we cannot disclose any information without your signed consent. However, we are required by law to disclose information when: we become aware of current child abuse; an individual clearly presents danger to self or others; we are subpoenaed for records or testimony by the courts.