Awards and Scholarships Application Information
George Brown College's Awards program provides financial support for students to succeed in their academic endeavours.
Support in the form of scholarships, awards and bursaries are awarded to eligible students based on criteria including and not limited to academic achievement, financial need, and community involvement. The criteria vary based on the award and can be viewed under the types of awards page.
Award Application Deadlines for the 2021-2022 Academic Year:
- Application opens on Monday, April 18, 2022
- Application closes on Monday, May 30, 2022 (11:59 pm)
Award Application Deadlines for the 2022-2023 Academic Year:
- Application opens on Monday, August 22, 2022
- Application closes on Sunday, October 9, 2022 (11:59 pm)
- Application opens on Monday, December 12, 2022
- Application closes on Sunday, January 29, 2023 (11:59 pm)
- Application opens on Monday, April 17, 2023
- Application closes on Sunday, May 28, 2023 (11:59 pm)
If you would like in-person assistance with completing your application, please visit the PeerConnect office at your campus where coaches will be available to assist you with navigating through the student awards application.
Awards, Scholarships and bursaries are considered part of a student's taxable income for the year. The College will issue a T4A form to all recipients who received an award. The T4A is issued in late February for awards, scholarships or bursaries received in the previous calendar year. You can access your T4A on https://stuview.georgebrown.ca/.