Academic program orientations are your opportunity to connect with your faculty, staff, and classmates. This is where you can find out what to expect in your class, and get your questions answered on the specifics of your individual program. These are scheduled for the week before a new semester begins, and you will receive a direct invitation to attend.
We know how easy it is to get caught in the excitement of Orientation, so we've put together some tips on things you should think as you attend your sessions that can help you better organize all the information you’re going to get. Remember to write down your questions in advance of your program orientation, to make sure you get the answers you need when you meet with your coordinators and faculty!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Meet your coordinator and/or faculty
- Find out the expectations of your program
- Meet your fellow classmates
- Get an opportunity to ask questions
WHAT TO ASK:
- What do I need for day 1?
- Are classes held online or in-person?
- What materials or equipment do I need?
- How do I add/drop classes?
- Who do I contact for academic support?
- How do I connect with my faculty?
- What safety procedures and protocols should I be aware of?
Winter 2022 Orientation dates and registration links will be posted November 15, 2021.