Get the language skills you need to succeed in Canada!
We offer flexible program options including full-time and part-time courses. The School of English as a Second Language provides many opportunities for you to pursue your English language and post-secondary goals. Studying at George Brown's downtown campus allows you to experience one of Canada's most vibrant cities. Our student support team will help you become part of the college whether you are studying online or in the classroom in Toronto.
Explore our ESL programs
With our part-time programs, we have different options depending on your English language needs. If you're looking to improve your English for personal, professional, and academic purposes, or to eliminate the need for English admissions assessments for further study at George Brown, we can help!
Did you know?
Approximately 70% of our School of English as a Second Language graduates go on to a diploma or degree program at George Brown College. During your time here, you'll:
- practice your English skills in a welcoming environment
- build confidence in your abilities
- have access to language testing services
- collaborate with other students whether online or in-person
- become part of the college community through events and activities hosted by our Student Success Team
Personalize Your Learning
The School of English as a Second Language is committed to provide you with learning that fits your needs and schedule. Students can choose from the following options:
- full-time or part-time study
- online or in-person delivery*
*Based on Toronto Public Health guidelines and restrictions
To personalize your learning experience, students can participate in extracurricular workshops. Some topics** include:
- Pre-assessment practice
- Study group and individual language support
- Digital literacy workshops and one-on-one support
- Engaging IG LIVE grammar chats focusing on English Grammar & syntax, key vocabulary & idiomatic language expressions, culture & food
- Insightful interviews with GBC ESL students, alumni and college representatives
- Coaching with a focus on career and human skills
- Soft (human) skills training for professional growth
**Workshop topics may change based on availability and demand.