What are academic records?
Your academic record reflects your academic achievements while at George Brown College. You may need it to apply for a job or to another college or university. Your name as it appears on your STU-View record will be printed on your credential and transcript. It is in your best interest to ensure your record is correct (e.g., proper spelling of your name).
The Office of the Registrar performs the following to assist you:
- Processes student grades and academic standing when these are received from the academic faculties.
- Computes grade points and grade point averages.
- Produces transcripts.
- Grants diplomas, certificates and degrees.
Access to Records
General Collection Notice:
Your records (personal information) are the property of the college. The college is bound by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (2002). Only you (or someone with your written permission) can view and obtain a copy of your records. To protect your confidentiality and the college’s liability, you must provide written consent for a third party to access or discuss personal information held by the college.
Learn more about how to access:
Get instructions on how to access an unofficial transcript or order an official transcript and how to request a replacement credential.
See if your credential is eligible to be changed to an Honours Degree based on amendments made by the Ministry of Colleges & Universities.
Discover the process of changing your preferred name on Stu-View, Blackboard, and more.
Holds on Student Records
- Transcripts, credentials and confirmation of enrolments & RESP forms will not be released if there is an Accounts Receivable or a Library Hold for outstanding fees or materials.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that their account is clear of any holds.
Course Outlines, Descriptions & Other Documents
- The Office of the Registrar does not provide course outlines.
- Course outlines and descriptions are available by visiting our course outlines page or by contacting your academic department.
- Any transcripts submitted as part of your admission application cannot be obtained.