Welcome to George Brown College!
On behalf of the entire Orientation and Student Life team, WELCOME to George Brown College!
Orientation is an amazing opportunity to meet your fellow classmates and faculty, get important information about services and supports available at the college to guide your success, and learn about all the awesome ways to get involved even when you’re studying online. And don’t forget, orientation doesn’t stop once you start classes, it’s part of your everchanging journey at the college, and we’re here to support you along the way.
Events for All Students
Orientation and Transition events aren’t just for new students, they’re for everyone. Events and activities will help you get involved, build community and connections and help you plan for your future.
Be sure to check out this calendar of events that is continuously updated to include all the exciting things happening right into the term. Entertainment, Info Sessions, Keynote Speakers, discussions, workshops, personal interest classes, drop-ins, games, and challenges. There really is something for everyone.
New Student Academic Program Orientations
Find out what to expect. This will be your opportunity to connect with your faculty and get important information about starting your program on the right track.
Select the tab for your academic centre, then choose your specific program to register to attend your program orientation*.
* Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email, and a reminder email 48 hours, 24 hours, and 15 minutes prior to the event start time with your link to participate in your program orientation. If you register after the last reminder is sent, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your individual link.
- Centre for Business
- Centre for Community Services & Health Sciences
- Centre for Construction & Engineering Technologies
- Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts
- Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies
Centre for Business
Centre for Community Services & Health Sciences
- C131 Community Worker – Fast Track
- C135 Social Service Worker – Fast Track
- C153 Child and Youth Care
* Please note:
- A109 – Pre-Health Sciences is part of the Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies. Please select that tab to register for your program orientations.
Centre for Construction & Engineering Technologies
Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts
- H100 Culinary Management
- H113 Baking and Pastry Arts Management
- H116 Culinary Management - Integrated Learning
- H134 Culinary Skills
- H316 Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Culinary)
- H413 Advanced French Patisserie
- H600 Baker/Pâtissier Apprentice
Hospitality & Tourism Management:
Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies
Work & College Preparation:
* Please note:
- A107 Transitions to Post Secondary, R105/R115 English for Academic Purposes will send orientation information directly to their students
Online Orientation, Before You Arrive
Get a jump start on your college journey! GBC's Online Orientation will help you carry out practical and administrative tasks like getting your digital Student ID, plan your academic accommodation (if needed), find out how to access equipment loans and much more before the semester even starts!
We have broken down the Online Orientation into 6 different modules. You can do them one at a time, at your own pace, leading up to the beginning of the semester. Simply log into BlackBoard with your student number and password to get started! Online Orientation is available to all new students in their first semester until the end of their first term. . Just select ‘Communities’ from your left hand navigation from your Blackboard dashboard and click on ‘Online Orientation’ to get started!
Online Learning Site
We’ve put together a comprehensive site for your online learning needs at George Brown to help you become a successful remote learner. Find out about the college platforms used and how to navigate them, Blackboard, and personal and academic strategies you can use to be successful while you’re studying from home.