Welcome to George Brown College!
On behalf of the entire Orientation and Student Life team, WELCOME to George Brown College!
Orientation is an amazing opportunity to meet your fellow classmates and faculty, get important information about services and supports available at the college to guide your success, and learn about all the awesome ways to get involved even when you’re studying online.
Orientation Events for All Students
Orientation isn’t just for new students, it’s for everyone. Be sure to check out this Orientation Calendar of events that will be continuously updated to include all the exciting things happening right into the fall term. Entertainment, Info Sessions, Keynote Speakers, discussions, workshops, personal interest classes, drop-ins, games, and challenges. There really is something for everyone.
Orientation Programs for New Students
Up & Running – New Student Workshop Series Aug 4 - 6:
Eager and excited to start your journey at the college? Get a jump start before the rush and make the most of your college career by attending workshops and sessions.
Learn about strategies and tips to get you started with confidence, and to help you be successful at the college. Friends and family are invited to join the online sessions on these days to learn about ways to support you in your college career. Visit the Orientation Calendar and select August 4, 5, and 6 to view all the events happening to help support your transition.
New Student Academic Program Orientations
Select the tab for your academic centre, then choose your specific program to register to attend your program orientation. This will be your opportunity to connect with your faculty and get important information about starting your program on the right track.
- Centre for Arts, Design & Information Technology
- Centre for Business
- Centre for Community Services & Centre for Health Sciences
- Centre for Construction & Engineering Technologies
- Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts
- Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies
Centre for Arts, Design & Information Technology
- F412 International Fashion Management
- F112 Fashion Business Industry
- F113 Fashion Techniques and Design
- F102 Fashion Management
- F105 Gemmology
- F114 Jewellery Arts
- F111 Jewellery Essentials
- F110 Jewellery Methods
Media & Performing Arts
- T402 Health Informatics
- T175 Blockchain Development
- T411 Wireless Networking
- T405 Information Systems Business Analysis
- T177 Computer Programming Analysis
- T141 Computer Systems Technician
- T430 Mobile Application Development and Strategy Program
- T147 Computer Systems Technology
- T433 Cyber Security
- T163 Game Programming
*Please note: P400, P408, and P409 will have their program orientations on the first day of class.
Centre for Business
School of Marketing
- B120 (Business – Marketing)
- B108/B158 (Business Administration – Marketing)
- B400 (Sport and Event Marketing)
- B406 (Marketing Management - Financial Services)
- B409 (Strategic Relationship Marketing)
- B413 - Digital Media Marketing
School of Human Resources
- B134 (Business - Human Resources)
- B144/B154 (Business Administration - Human Resources)
- B408 (Human Resources Management)
School of Accounting & Finance
School of Management
- B125 (Business)
- B145/B155 (Business Administration)
- B131/B161 (Business Administration - International Business)
- B411 (International Business Management)
- B412 (Analytics for Business Decision Making)
- B416 (Entrepreneurship Management)
- B126/B156 (Business Administration - Project Management)
- B415 (Project Management)
Centre for Community Services & Centre for Health Sciences
- C101 Community Services
- C114 American Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- C119 Social Service Worker
- C133 Child and Youth Care
- C137 Assaulted Women’s and Children’s – Counsellor/Advocate
- C302 Honours Bachelor of Interpretation (American Sign Language - English)
- C406 Career Development Practitioner
Health & Wellness/Health Services Management
- C139 Health Information Management
- C146 Behavioural Science Technician
- C156 Behavioural Science Technician
- C152 Recreation Management in Gerontology
- S102 Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician
- S115 Dental Office Administration
- S117 Hearing Instrument Specialist
- S135 Office Administration - Health Services
- S302 Honours Bachelor of Behaviour Analysis
- Postgraduate Nursing programs will host their orientations during the first day of class.
- C405 Autism & Behavioural Science students will have information sent directly to them.
- Students in Early Childhood programs will receive an invitation directly from their program area.
Centre for Construction & Engineering Technologies
- T105 Construction Engineering Technology
- T161 Construction Engineering Technician
- T164 Civil Engineering Technology
- T312 Honours Bachelor of Technology (Construction Management)
- T408 Residential Construction Management
- T412 Building Information Modeling Management
- T148 Building Renovation Technology
- T180 Carpentry and Renovation Technician
- T166 Welding Techniques
Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts
Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies
- A109 Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diploma
- A146 Pre-Business
- R101 General Arts and Science
- R104 General Arts and Science - One-Year
- A107 Transitions to Post Secondary, R105/115 English for Academic Purposes will send orientation information directly to their students
Online Orientation, Before You Arrive
Get a jump start on your college journey! GBC's Online Orientation will help you carry out practical and administrative tasks like getting your digital Student ID, plan your academic accommodation (if needed), find out how to access equipment loans and much more before the semester even starts!
We have broken down the Online Orientation into 6 different modules. You can do them one at a time, at your own pace, leading up to the beginning of the semester. Simply log into BlackBoard with your student number and password to get started! Online Orientation is available to all new students in their first semester until the end of their first term.
Online Learning Site
We’ve put together a comprehensive site for your online learning needs at George Brown to help you become a successful remote learner. Find out about the college platforms used and how to navigate them, Blackboard, and personal and academic strategies you can use to be successful while you’re studying from home.