Welcome to George Brown College!
On behalf of the entire Orientation and Student Life team, WELCOME to George Brown College!
Orientation is an amazing opportunity to meet your fellow classmates and faculty, get important information about services and supports available at the college to guide your success, and learn about all the awesome ways to get involved even when you’re studying online.
Orientation Events for All Students
Orientation isn’t just for new students, it’s for everyone. Be sure to check out this Orientation Calendar of events that will be continuously updated to include all the exciting things happening right into the term. Entertainment, Info Sessions, Keynote Speakers, discussions, workshops, personal interest classes, drop-ins, games, and challenges. There really is something for everyone.
NEW STUDENT ACADEMIC PROGRAM ORIENTATIONS
This will be your opportunity to connect with your faculty and get important information about starting your program on the right track.
Select the tab for your academic centre, then choose your specific program to register to attend your program orientation. *You will receive a reminder email 48 hours, 24 hours, and 15 minutes prior to the event start time with your link to participate in your program orientation. If you register after the last reminder is sent, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your individual link.
- CENTRE FOR ARTS, DESIGN & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- CENTRE FOR BUSINESS
- CENTRE FOR COMMUNITY SERVICES & HEALTH SCIENCES
- CENTRE FOR CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES
- CENTRE FOR HOSPITALITY & CULINARY ARTS
- CENTRE FOR PREPARATORY & LIBERAL STUDIES
CENTRE FOR ARTS, DESIGN & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- G102 Graphic Design
- G108 Art and Design Foundation
- G113 Interaction Design
- G119 Game Art
- G405 Game Design
Media & Performing Arts
- P101 Dance Performance Preparation
- P104 Theatre Arts – Performance
- P105 Dance Performance
- P106 Commercial Dance
- P107 Acting for Media
- P108 Theatre Arts - Preparation
- P111 Media Foundation
- P112 Video Design and Production
- T141 Computer Systems Technician
- T147 Computer Systems Technology
- T163 Game Programming
- T175 Blockchain Development
- T177 Computer Programming Analysis
- T402 Health Informatics
- T405 Information Systems Business Analysis
- T411 Wireless Networking
- T430 Mobile Application Development and Strategy Program
- T431 Applied Artificial Intelligence Solutions Development
- T433 Cyber Security
CENTRE FOR BUSINESS
- B120 Business – Marketing
- B108 Business Administration – Marketing
- B158 Business Administration – Marketing
- B400 Sport and Event Marketing
- B406 Marketing Management - Financial Services
- B409 Strategic Relationship Marketing
- B413 Digital Media Marketing
- B134 Business - Human Resources
- B144 Business Administration - Human Resources
- B154 Business Administration - Human Resources
- B408 Human Resources Management
- B418 Human Resources Management
- B125 Business
- B145 Business Administration
- B155 Business Administration
- B131 Business Administration - International Business
- B161 Business Administration - International Business
- B122 Business Administration – Supply Chain and Operations Management
- B162 Business Administration – Supply Chain and Operations Management
- B411 International Business Management
- B412 Analytics for Business Decision Making
- B416 Entrepreneurship Management
- B126 Business Administration - Project Management
- B156 Business Administration - Project Management
- B415 Project Management
Accounting & Finance
- B103 Business – Accounting
- B107 Business Administration – Accounting
- B157 Business Administration – Accounting
- B130 Business Administration – Finance
- B150 Business Administration - Finance
- B133 Business – Finance
- B302 Honours Bachelor of Commerce – Financial Services
- B407 Financial Planning
A146 – Pre-Business is part of the Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies. Please select that tab above to register for your program orientation.
CENTRE FOR COMMUNITY SERVICES & HEALTH SCIENCES
- C112 Personal Support Worker
- S119 Personal Support Worker Pathway to Practical Nursing Program
- S121 Practical Nursing
Health & Wellness
Health Services Management
- A109 – Pre-Health Sciences, A103 – Pre-Community Services are part of the Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies. Please select that tab above to register for your program orientations.
- C405 Autism and Behavioural Science will have their program orientation on the first day of class. Please refer to mailings from your faculty.
- S113 Dental Assisting Levels I & II has been suspended until the Fall 2021 term.
- Post Grad Nursing programs will host their orientations during the first day of class.
- Students in Early Childhood programs will receive an invitation directly from their program area.
CENTRE FOR CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES
- T105 Construction Engineering Technology
- T161 Construction Engineering Technician
- T164 Civil Engineering Technology
- T403 Construction Management
- T412 Building Information Modeling Management
- T148 Building Renovation Technology
- T160 Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Technician
- T162 Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Technology
- T176 Construction Techniques
- T180 Carpentry and Renovation Technician
CENTRE FOR HOSPITALITY & CULINARY ARTS
- H100 Culinary Management
- H108 Baking Pre-Employment
- H116 Culinary Management - Integrated Learning
- H134 Culinary Skills
Hospitality & Tourism Management
CENTRE FOR PREPARATORY & LIBERAL STUDIES
Work & College Preparation
- A103 Pre-Community Services
- A109 Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Certificates and Diplomas
- A146 Pre-Business
Liberal Arts & Sciences
A107 Transitions to Post Secondary, R105/R115 English for Academic Purposes will send orientation information directly to their students
Online Orientation, Before You Arrive
Get a jump start on your college journey! GBC's Online Orientation will help you carry out practical and administrative tasks like getting your digital Student ID, plan your academic accommodation (if needed), find out how to access equipment loans and much more before the semester even starts!
We have broken down the Online Orientation into 6 different modules. You can do them one at a time, at your own pace, leading up to the beginning of the semester. Simply log into BlackBoard with your student number and password to get started! Online Orientation is available to all new students in their first semester until the end of their first term.
Online Learning Site
We’ve put together a comprehensive site for your online learning needs at George Brown to help you become a successful remote learner. Find out about the college platforms used and how to navigate them, Blackboard, and personal and academic strategies you can use to be successful while you’re studying from home.