The Strategic and Operational Planning Team works with internal and external data and resources to guide strategic thinking and support evidence-based decision making, in collaboration with colleagues across the College.
In particular, the team:
- Conducts competitive, environmental scanning, scenario planning, and policy analysis.
- Facilitates trade-off discussions and strategic decision-making associated with long-term strategic planning.
- Facilitates annual planning discussions designed to operationalize the strategy, manages the college’s planning tool, organizes workshops and assists teams across the college with objectives and measures setting exercises.
- Analyzes operational plans and provides solutions to complex business problems based on in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Acts as a consultant to stakeholders on strategy development and promotes deep understanding of the postsecondary education landscape in the context of global, economic, technology, and social trends.
The George Brown College Business Plan 2021-2022 has been designed to showcase the College’s initiatives that will enhance how we serve our community for years to come. Our response to COVID-19 has helped accelerate our existing plans to enhance digitization at George Brown, while turning a spotlight on next-generation methods of teaching and learning. This plan is set in the context of our values, mindset and impact, the college’s Vision for 2030, and the commitments and priorities articulated in Strategy 2022, acknowledging the pace of change, level of complexity and uncertainty that is part of our environment.