If your withdrawal request is received by the International Withdrawal Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the Withdrawal and Partial Refund deadline (Day 10 of the semester), the following refund process policies apply:
- If you paid but did not accept your offer or offer expired, you are eligible for a refund, less a $100 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Subsequent semesters paid in advance: you are eligible for a refund, less a $100 non-refundable administrative fee if the request is made before the deadline date and you did not register for the program.
- Before a refund can be processed, funds covering the tuition fee must have cleared and be in your GBC College account.
- If you paid your fees originally by credit card, refunds can only be made back to the same card.
- Fees paid using the CIBC International Student Pay Service will be returned to the originating bank account via CIBC.
- Fees paid using Electronic Bank Transfer (EBT) or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) will be returned to the originating bank account and country.
- If you are eligible for a refund and you want the refund paid to a third party (a person other than yourself or another institution) who paid tuition on your behalf, we require your authorization on the Request Form to issue the refund to that person. Please provide the person’s complete contact information, including address and telephone number.
- Refunds will be paid within 6 weeks of the receipt of the Request Form. The request form must include all required information and documentation. The process may take longer during peak/holiday periods.
Note: Refunds are made in Canadian currency and, therefore, the final amount that you may receive will depend on the foreign exchange rates at the time the refund is processed. The College is not liable for loss of funds due to currency exchange.