Spend one or two semesters abroad on exchange
Did you know you can spend an entire semester (or two) abroad? Depending on your program, we offer opportunities to complete an exchange in countries like Denmark, Japan and more. The longer duration of exchanges allows you to immerse yourself in the culture you are visiting. You will not only learn your course curriculum - you will also get a truly international education!
An exchange with one of our partner schools gives you the opportunity to take credits abroad, explore new cultures, learn new ways of doing, and expand your personal and professional network.
While on exchange, you will pay tuition to George Brown but enjoy the benefits of the partner school. Academic credits are transferable from the school abroad back to George Brown upon the successful completion of the program.
How can you apply?
We have opportunities for current George Brown students to go abroad through exchanges. You can learn about the application process below.
- 1 Explore Outbound Exchange Opportunities
- 2 Connect with your Department
- 3 Complete your Application and Letter of Intent
- 4 Submit your Application
- 5 Interview and Next Steps
Explore Outbound Exchange Opportunities
|Denmark||Copenhagen School of Design and Technology|
|England||Manchester Metropolitan University||School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (H311)|
|Ireland||IADT: Dún Laoghaire, Institute of Art, Design + Technology||Centre for Business (all Advanced Diploma & Degree programs)|
|Scotland||Edinburgh Napier University||Centre for Business (All Advanced Diploma & Degree programs)|
|Japan||Nagoya Gakuin University||School of Liberal Arts & Sciences (Gen Eds & Liberal Studies electives)|
|South Korea||Kyung Hee University||School of Liberal Arts & Sciences (Gen Eds & Liberal Studies electives)|
|Brazil||Servico Nacional de Aprendizagem Comercial|
Connect with your Department
If you are interested in completing an exchange, please connect with your department contact below to discuss your intentions to go abroad.
|School of Liberal Arts & Sciences||Adeesha Hackfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Design||Pawel Szkilnykemail@example.com|
|School of Computer Technology||Nada Hammadyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School of Fashion & Jewellery||Rosa Fracassaemail@example.com|
|School of Architectural Studies||Goldie Ghonchehfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chef School||Abigail Picadoemail@example.com|
|School of Hospitality & Culinary Arts||Gary Hoyerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Complete your Application and Letter of Intent
Submit your Application
Interview and Next Steps
You may be invited to an interview regarding your desire to participate in an exchange approximately one month after the application deadline. Please review your letter of intent and academic study plan prior to the interview.
The Global Mobility team will contact successful candidates by email and formally nominate candidates to the host school. The nomination will include additional steps, which include but are not limited to:
- Completing an application required by the host school. The Global Mobility team will assist you in completing any applications required, which may include residence accommodation, scholarship and bursary support, and applying for visas (if applicable).
- Attending a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation, The Pre-Departure Orientation will include practical travel information, risk and safety abroad, developing your intercultural competency, and information about who to contact in the event of an emergency. It will also help you to identify the potential risks of international travel and assist you in developing strategies to mitigate common problems that you may experience abroad. Destination-specific information may also be provided.