Useful Online Resources to Help You Learn About and Address Mental Health Challenges
- Empower yourself through education with comprehensive articles about wellness and mental health written by health professionals
- The Coronavirus resources section is very thorough and easy to navigate with tips on staying healthy, managing stress, anxiety/depression/sleep, and managing trauma and grief/loss.
- Blog posts and educational tools on many topics including mental health, relationships, finances, overall health and happiness, substance use
- Offers free audio guided meditations as well
- A comprehensive website offering many tools to help people from all ranges manage anxiety using step-by-step strategies.
- Blog posts on anxiety-related topics including a Covid 19 section
- Free live videos and webinars and audio resources including guided meditations
- Develop your own anxiety plan (MAP) with their tools based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Symptom checklist and information for family and friends of someone suffering with depression symptoms
- Managing depression resources
- Free My Path workbook to track your day to day progress
Interactive Self-help Mental Health Resources
- Free online mental health resource provided by the Government of Canada offers:
- Self-Assessment tools
- Self-guided courses and apps
- Coaching and one-on-one online counselling
- App with self-guided CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) program for anxiety and depression, free of charge
- Lots of informational resources and mood tracking tools
- Mental health and substance use resources, self-assessment tools and tips and strategies
- Free, range of different programs tailored to age and need (guided meditations for sleep, stress management, etc.)
- Free, guided meditations, podcasts, and other mindfulness-based resources
- Offering simple daily meditations, this web-based tool and iOS/Android app is designed for beginners who would like to incorporate meditation into their daily lives. Some free content.
- Beginners and experienced meditators can use this web-based tool and iOS/Android app to access daily meditations for reducing stress and anxiety, better sleep, managing emotions, and more. Some free content.