These courses are currently postponed until further notice. Please check back for updates.
Our new Degree Preparation courses can make the difference!
If you are thinking of, or have applied to a degree program at George Brown College, but don't have all the needed high school courses, you can now earn those credits right at the college.
Our university level (or U-Level) courses will help you to refresh your academic skills as well as meet your degree program standards and expectations.
We offer four U-level courses:
- Math (Mathematics of Data Management for Degree Programs): equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/Preparation – Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)
- English/Communications (Preparatory Communications for Degree Programs): equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/Preparation – English (ENG4U)
- Biology (Preparatory Biology for Degree Programs): equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/ Preparation – Biology (SBI4U) Not offered this fall
- General Science (Preparatory Science: Contemporary Issues in Health for Degree Programs) equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/College Preparation – Science (SNC4M). Not offered this fall
With the exception of our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program (S118), all George Brown degree programs will accept the successful completion of a U-level course to satisfy George Brown admission requirements. Please note: These U-level courses are not applicable to satisfy admission requirements to degree programs outside of George Brown College, and will not affect a student's overall GPA.
Course Registration Requirements:
- Admission Status: Only Mature Student applicants may register for the U-level courses. Mature students are defined as 19 years of age or older, Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Residency: Students must be a permanent resident of Ontario. Individuals without status in Canada and International work/study students are not eligible to register.
- Fluency in English and Literacy Level: Students must be able to demonstrate ESL and/or Canadian Language Benchmark of Level 8 and above. A literacy assessment will be issued during intake to determine students' literacy levels.
George Brown's U-Level Bridging courses are tuition-free, but there is an initial fee to complete a reading and writing assessment through the Assessment Centre. When you have registered for the course, a representative will be in touch with you regarding next steps.
- Courses are offered daytime for three hours a day, Tuesday to Thursday
- English courses are offered 9 am -12 pm for 15 weeks
- Math courses are offered 1 pm -4 pm for 15 weeks
*courses will only run based on student enrolment
Who to talk to
For more information about the U-Level Bridging program, email email@example.com or call (416) 415-5000 ext. 3683.
How to apply
Eligible students register below and a U-Level Bridging Program representative will connect with you soon.