Our new Degree Preparation courses can make the difference!
If you are thinking of, or have applied to a degree program at George Brown College, but don't have all the needed high school courses, you can now earn those credits right at the college.
Our university level (or U-Level) courses will help you to refresh your academic skills as well as meet your degree program standards and expectations.
We offer four U-level courses:
- Math (Mathematics of Data Management for Degree Programs): equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/Preparation – Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)
- English/Communications (Preparatory Communications for Degree Programs): equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/Preparation – English (ENG4U)
- Biology (Preparatory Biology for Degree Programs): equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/ Preparation – Biology (SBI4U) Not offered this fall
- General Science (Preparatory Science: Contemporary Issues in Health for Degree Programs) equivalent to Ontario Curriculum, Grade 12, University/College Preparation – Science (SNC4M). Not offered this fall
With the exception of our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program (S118), all George Brown degree programs will accept the successful completion of a U-level course to satisfy George Brown admission requirements. Please note: These U-level courses are not applicable to satisfy admission requirements to degree programs outside of George Brown College, and will not affect a student's overall GPA.
Course Registration Requirements:
- Admission Status: Only Mature Student applicants may register for the U-level courses. Mature students are defined as 19 years of age or older, Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Residency: Students must be a permanent resident of Ontario. Individuals without status in Canada and International work/study students are not eligible to register.
- Fluency in English and Literacy Level: Students must be able to demonstrate ESL and/or Canadian Language Benchmark of Level 8 and above. A literacy assessment will be issued during intake to determine students' literacy levels.
George Brown's U-Level Bridging courses are tuition-free, but there is an initial fee to complete a reading and writing assessment through the Assessment Centre. When you have registered for the course, a representative will be in touch with you regarding next steps.
- Courses are offered daytime for three hours a day, Tuesday to Thursday
- English courses are offered 9 am -12 pm for 15 weeks
- Math courses are offered 1 pm -4 pm for 15 weeks
*courses will only run based on student enrolment
Who to talk to
For more information about the U-Level Bridging program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 415-5000 ext. 3683.
How to apply
Eligible students register below and a U-Level Bridging Program representative will connect with you soon.