Experiencing IT problems?
Updated July 23, 2021
We experienced an IT system outage a few weeks ago. Most college systems are up and running as usual, but if you do experience a technical problem, you can find help with the following options:
- Call the 24/7 Help Desk at 416-415-5000 ext. 4357 (HELP)
- Start a Tech Help Live Chat with a rep from the Library Learning Commons.
- Email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call the Contact Centre for support at 416-415-2000 or 1-800-265-2002.
Did you know we offer IT support for all full-time George Brown Students?
Our IT service for students is called GBC Assist, and can help you with everything from how to set up your George Brown email on your phone to resetting your College password, and using College wifi. If you’d prefer to ask questions in person, please visit the Help Desk at your Library (LLC) on campus.
Need help with Blackboard?
Visit our Blackboard help page for links to how-to videos, and FAQs.
As a full-time student, you can sign out a broad range of equipment from the Library (LLC) for free including:
- Laptops, tablets and accessories (keyboards, cables, etc).
- Audio-visual equipment such as digital cameras, webcams, and audio recording devices.
- Gaming systems including Playstation, Nintendo, and Xbox (available only for students in the gaming program) from the 341 King St Library.
Visit the Library LLC site or drop by your campus library for more information.