Tuition Tax Receipts

Main Content

Tuition Tax Receipts CRA Form T2202

General Collection Notice:
George Brown College (the “College”) collects personal information under the authority of the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The College collects personal information for the purposes of administering its statutory objects and powers, programs, activities, and to carry out other services and functions. The College will secure personal information securely and use for such purposes as set out in the George Brown Notice of Collection. If you have any questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information at the College, please visit Privacy Policy page. You may also contact the Privacy Office via email at

As of 2019, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has made it mandatory for all post-secondary institutions to include SIN on the T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate) tax form. The information can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website.

Submitting a T2202 tax form without a SIN number may result in your tax return being rejected by the CRA.

  • Your official tuition receipt for tax purposes (T2202) will be available each year in February. 
    If you have forgotten your STU-VIEW account password, please call our call centre at 416-415-2000 or 1-800-265-2002 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday to Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays. Please have your Student ID number available when you call and be prepared to tell us exactly why you need the password. Your password will be re-activated.

  • Courses taken during the preceding calendar year are issued once a year, at the end of February. In accordance with Revenue Canada regulations, official receipts (T2202 Forms) are only issued for tuition fees totalling $100.00 or more. Administrative fees are not eligible for tax deduction.

  • A $20 administration fee for each year prior to 2019 is applicable for all tax receipts requested. These can be obtained by calling the following telephone number 416-415-5000, ext. 4493, or email:


Read through Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about tuition tax receipts.