Do you already have a diploma or a degree in a related field?
You may be able to apply your existing post-secondary credentials towards a program at George Brown through advanced standing in our fast-track and bridging programs.
Fast-track programs present a unique opportunity to complete diploma requirements in fewer semesters. There are two ways in which a program may be considered a fast-track:
- Modified delivery of a college program which enables students to complete the program in a shorter time period through advanced standing by recognizing previously achieved credits or credentials.
- A college program delivered in a continuous 12-month format without extended vacation breaks and sometimes with increased classroom hours per week.
If you qualify for a fast-track program, you can gain a new credential quicker as the program is specially tailored to complement previous study. Our fast-track programs offer an expedited way to gain a new diploma or degree in just 1-2 years.
School of Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Education (Fast-Track) (C130)
- Early Childhood Education (Accelerated) (C160)
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership (Fast-Track) (C301)
School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
School of Social & Community Services
- Child and Youth Care (Accelerated) (C143)
- Community Worker (Fast-Track) (C131)
- Social Service Worker (Fast-Track) (C135)
School of Health & Wellness
- Behavioural Science Technician (Accelerated) (C156)
- Honours Bachelor of Behaviour Analysis (Year 3 Bridge) (S303)
- Honours Bachelor of Behaviour Analysis (Year 4 Bridge) (S304)
Sally Horsfall Eaton School of Nursing
If you have already earned a post-secondary diploma in a related discipline, you may be eligible for one of our Advanced Standing bridging programs into one of our Honours Bachelor degree programs.
A Bridging program is a formal partnership within a college, or between two post-secondary institutions that allows students to apply previous credits towards the completion of a degree program in a similar field of study.