What are Peer Coaches?
We are students. We have been there and now we're here to support you - that is our mission. Peer coaches are trusted advisors who can help students navigate and create their own solutions.
Here's some of the ways we can help
One-on-one peer support
Drop by any of the Peerconnect Centres to meet with a peer coach who will help you navigate the college, find resources, build skills and get connected.
Workshops are offered at every campus to help you build skills to study well, work well and live well.
Peerconnect offers a variety of events and activities to enhance your mental health and wellbeing, and helps you to feel that you are part of the community.
Interested in becoming a peer coach?
Being a peer coach is much more than a great part-time job. It is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of other students and to develop and grow essential skills that will benefit you in life and work.
Here's what you'll do:
- Provide one-on-one support to other students.
- Develop and lead workshops.
- Refer students to services they need.
- Plan and host outreach activities on your campus.
In return, you'll get valuable training and work experience:
- How to set goals, facilitate workshops, listen and connect with empathy.
- Hands-on experience in public speaking and event coordination.
- Develop essential employment skills including communication, problem solving, teamwork and more.
To be eligible, you must be a full-time George Brown student and have completed one semester.
Peer Coaches are paid $14.00/hour and work between 6-15 hours per week.
Interested? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch!