Please take the following steps in the event that an active threat enters a classroom or office.
- Immediately call Campus Security at 416-415-4000 or 0 from a George Brown College internal Cisco phone.
If you are confronted and unable to speak, do not hang up the phone unless ordered to do so by the attacker.
- If you are unable to safely escape or hide, you may be able to negotiate with the attacker.
Consider the following techniques:
- Remain calm, sound confident, and do not raise the tone of your voice
- Do not respond defensively
- Do not touch the person
- Do not invade their personal space (3 to 6 feet)
- Do not challenge the attacker
- Do not accept a weapon if offered, instead ask that it be laid down.