Domestic violence is a serious social problem and a criminal act. It is not limited or restricted by marital status, sexual orientation, occupation, vulnerability, age or gender.
- Never place yourself in a position of danger;
- Do Not attempt to deal with Domestic Violence you feel is dangerous on your own;
- Dial “911” to report to Toronto Police Services and notify Campus Security at: 416-415-4000 or “0” from any George Brown College internal Cisco phone, if safe to do so.
- Provide your name, location and clearly state that you need immediate assistance, and Document all relevant information regarding the situation.
- If the Domestic Violence victim is a student, faculty or staff member, the Campus Security Site Supervisor shall contact the Manager or Coordinator of Public Safety and Security.