Made possible through a partnership with the Toronto District School Board, the Daystrom Child Care Centre opened its doors in September, 2014. This centre is pleased to offer before and after school programs for kindergarten and school aged children who are enrolled in the Daystrom Public School.
As is the case with our other child care centres, this centre serves as a model lab school for the diploma and degree programs in the School of Early Childhood and provides a training ground where college students are supported in developing their skills in working with children and families as they complete the hands on component of their academic program.
Manager: Effie Ntanou
Centre Phone numbers: 647-823-3956 or 647-284-1392
Address: 25 Daystrom Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M9M 2K8
Age groups accommodated: 3.8 to 10 years
Hours of operation: 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Food: Catered by "Yummy Catering"
Canada Wide Early Learning Child Care Funding (CWELCC)
The Childcare centres in the School of Early childhood have applied for and have been approved for the CWELCC program.
All of our lab schools will follow the guidelines from Toronto Children’s Services in the implementation of the CWELCC plan. As such, the fees are inclusive of all of our services. Therefore, we do not charge any additional fees for extracurricular activities or transportation, etc.
Children under the age of 6 are eligible for the fee reduction.
- In 2022 a fee reduction of up to 25% (to a minimum of $12.00/day) for eligible children was implemented, retroactive to April 1, 2022. The fees indicated include this reduction.
- In 2023 an additional reduction up to 52.75% of our base fees will be applied.
- In 2025-2026 we will be working towards an average fee of $10.00/day for eligible children by the end of the 2025-2026 fiscal year (as implemented by Toronto Children’s Services)
|Age||Daily Fee ($$)|
|Kindergarten BEFORE Care||12.00|
|Kindergarten AFTER Care||13.01|
|Full-Day Kindergarten BEFORE and AFTER Care||14.46|
|Kindergarten Non-Instructional Days (P.A. day, March Break, Summer Program)||19.28|
|School Age BEFORE Care||12.53|
|School Age AFTER Care||24.48|
|School Age BEFORE and AFTER Care||26.52|
|School Age Non-Instructional Days (P.A. day, March Break, Summer Program)||36.72|
Priority for enrolment in the centre:
- Siblings enrolled in the centre
- Employee/student at George Brown College
- Community residents
- Date of application
- Age of child (to maintain varied age groups)
To join our waitlist, please complete this form.