Opened in September of 2013, the centre is located on the lower level of the new Nelson Mandela Park Public School at 440 Shuter Street (east of Parliament Street). The centre is licensed for infants, toddlers and preschoolers, including a Before-and-After School Program for Full Day Kindergarten children. This centre is operated by George Brown College and serves as a training Lab School for students from the Early Childhood Education programs at the College while providing care for the children and families in the Regent Park area.
Our centre serves as a model lab school for the diploma and degree programs in the School of Early Childhood, and provides a training ground where college students are supported in developing their skills in working with children and families as they complete the hands on component of their academic program.
Manager: Raizell Slobodsky, RECE
Centre Phone Number: 416-415-2450
Address: 440 Shuter Street, Toronto ON, M5A 1X6
Age groups accommodated: 6 weeks to 10 years
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Food: Catered by Wholesome Kids
Canada Wide Early Learning Child Care Funding (CWELCC)
The Childcare centres in the School of Early childhood have applied for and have been approved for the CWELCC program.
All of our lab schools will follow the guidelines from Toronto Children’s Services in the implementation of the CWELCC plan. As such, the fees are inclusive of all of our services. Therefore, we do not charge any additional fees for extracurricular activities or transportation, etc.
Children under the age of 6 are eligible for the fee reduction.
- In 2022 a fee reduction of up to 25% (to a minimum of $12.00/day) for eligible children was implemented, retroactive to April 1, 2022. The fees indicated include this reduction.
- In 2023 an additional reduction up to 52.75% of our base fees will be applied.
- In 2025-2026 we will be working towards an average fee of $10.00/day for eligible children by the end of the 2025-2026 fiscal year (as implemented by Toronto Children’s Services)
|AGE||DAILY FEE ($$)|
|Kindergarten BEFORE Care||12.00|
|Kindergarten AFTER Care||13.49|
|Full-Day Kindergarten BEFORE and AFTER Care||18.31|
|Kindergarten Non-Instructional Days (P.A. day, March Break, Summer Program)||28.92|
|School Age BEFORE Care||13.49|
|School Age AFTER Care||26.52|
|School Age BEFORE and AFTER Care||29.58|
|School Age Non-Instructional Days (P.A. day, March Break, Summer Program)||41.62|
Priority for enrolment in the centre:
- Siblings enrolled in the centre
- Priority for Before and after school program is enrolment in the Full Day Kindergarten Program
- Employee/student at George Brown College
- Community residents
- Date of application
- Age of child (to maintain varied age groups)
To join our waitlist, please complete this form.