Opened in 1974 to provide care for preschool children under the name of “The Learning Centre”, Casa Loma was George Brown College’s premier Lab School. In 1993, funding was made available from Ontario Works and the current centre was built at our Casa Loma campus, and re-named the Casa Loma Child Care Centre. A.J. Diamond and Schmidt were the architects. It opened its’ doors to families in September 1994. Located on campus, Casa Loma works in partnership with a number of other college departments such as Dental, Toronto Metropolitan University Nursing, Lifestyle and Fitness Management.
Our centre serves as a model lab school for the diploma and degree programs in the School of Early Childhood, and provides a training ground where college students are supported in developing their skills in working with children and families as they complete the hands on component of their academic program.
Manager: Debbie Wilson
Centre Phone number: 416-415-5000, ext. 4616
Address: 160 Kendal Avenue, Toronto ON, M5R 1M3
Age groups accommodated: 6 weeks to 5 years
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Food: Catered by "Yummy Catering"
Canada Wide Early Learning Child Care Funding (CWELCC)
The Childcare centres in the School of Early childhood have applied for and have been approved for the CWELCC program.
All of our lab schools will follow the guidelines from Toronto Children’s Services in the implementation of the CWELCC plan. As such, the fees are inclusive of all of our services. Therefore, we do not charge any additional fees for extracurricular activities or transportation, etc.
Children under the age of 6 are eligible for the fee reduction.
- In 2022 a fee reduction of up to 25% (to a minimum of $12.00/day) for eligible children was implemented, retroactive to April 1, 2022. The fees indicated include this reduction.
- In 2023 an additional reduction up to 52.75% of our base fees will be applied.
- In 2025-2026 we will be working towards an average fee of $10.00/day for eligible children by the end of the 2025-2026 fiscal year (as implemented by Toronto Children’s Services)
|Age||Daily Fee ($$)|
Priority for enrolment in the centre:
- Staff and Students at George Brown College
- Date of application
- Age of child (to maintain varied age groups)
- Siblings in the centre
To join our waitlist, please complete this form.