2022-23 Industrial Mechanic Millwright Pre-Apprenticeship – Apply Now!
The Industrial Mechanic Millwright Pre-Apprenticeship Program is a FREE skills training program that enables students to explore and develop skills related to the Industrial Mechanic Millwright (433A) trade.
Students will learn:
- Industry techniques in maintaining and repairing factory equipment & automated systems
- Theory & practice of machine fabrication & repair
- Maintenance needs of manufacturing & production industry
- Measurements, mathematics, blueprint interpretation
Program content is based on input from industry and George Brown College’s Centre for Construction & Engineering Technologies. Most courses provide graduates with Ontario Public College credits which may be applied towards an apprenticeship program. The program includes First Aid/CPR, Working at Heights safety certifications and a supported industry work placement.
Program begins June 20, 2022
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Interested applicants will be assessed for English & Math Skills (Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent)
- Applicants must have a current resume and be able to demonstrate interest and suitability to both training and employment in the Millwright trade
- Must be able to work in Ontario
- Permanent resident or Canadian Citizen
- Must be able to commit to 32-weeks training
- Must have access to a computer and internet
Are you considering a career in the trades? Between study at the college and actual work placements, pre-apprenticeship programs develop your job skills and trade readiness. They take up to 40 weeks and include: the Level 1 apprenticeship in-school training, relevant safety training and a minimum 8-week work placement. Your program may also include trade readiness, employment preparation and academic upgrading.
There is no charge to participate in a pre-apprenticeship program. Even your textbooks, safety equipment and tools are included.
Certain eligibility criteria may apply to specific programs:
- High School graduates
- Early school leavers
- Unemployed/underemployed youth and adults
- EI/Non-EI Eligible
- Aboriginal Peoples
- Newcomers to Canadat
If you would like to learn more information about the Industrial Mechanic Millwright Program, please contact:
Program Support Officer
T: 416-415-5000 ext. 6647