George Brown College’s Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs are free, skills-based programs that enable students to explore and develop the essential skills of high-demand trades. Between study at the college, work placements and other supports, our pre-apprenticeship programs will help you develop your job skills and trade readiness.
Pre-apprenticeship training programs typically run between 20 and 40 weeks. During that time, you’ll receive academic upgrading, Level 1 apprenticeship in-school training, relevant safety training, and a minimum eight-week work placement. Your program may also include trade-readiness instruction, employment preparation and supported industry work placement.
Most courses provide graduates with Ontario Public College credits which may be applied towards an apprenticeship program.
There is no charge to participate in a pre-apprenticeship programs. Even your textbooks, safety equipment and tools are included.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Interested applicants will be assessed for English & Math Skills (Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent)
- Applicants must have a current resume and be able to demonstrate interest and suitability to both training and employment in the pre-apprenticeship trade
- Must be able to work in Ontario
- Permanent resident or Canadian Citizen
- Must be able to commit to 32-weeks training
- Must have access to a computer and internet
We are currently offering the following Pre-Apprenticeship for 2023:
For more information, please email PreAppPrograms@georgebrown.ca
If you would like to learn more information about the Industrial Mechanic Millwright Program, please contact:
Program Support Officer
T: 416-415-5000 ext. 6647