Apply for the First generation bursary award
Are you the first person in your family to go to college? If you are, you can apply for the First Generation Bursary Award.
First Generation students are the first in their family to attend college, university or an apprenticeship program. If your parents have not completed post-secondary education anywhere in the world, then you're the first. Students wishing to apply for First Generation Bursary award must complete an application through STU-VIEW. For more information, visit our Awards and Scholarships page.
Furthermore, if you’re a First Generation student, you’ll get ongoing support throughout your program, starting as soon as you decide to come to George Brown College. First, you probably have lot of questions. We have lots of answers, supports and services.
What services are available to you as a First Generation student?
- Individual Advising & Educational Coaching sessions with staff who are FG students themselves
- We are available for virtual advising in a format that suits you best ie: video conferencing, advising by phone etc. Please contact us for more information on available formats that suit your needs. Email: email@example.com
- Eligible to apply for the First Generation Bursary Award (apply in September or January.)
- Assistance in accessing and applying financial support
- Free workshops that address your financial, academic and social needs
- Assistance with accessing other college resources, supports and services
- Next-step Career & Post-Graduate support & planning
Before you start
When you arrive
For more information:
Or call the Community Partnerships Office at 416-415-5000, extension 3100 to speak to a Student Advisor.
* Services funded through the Ministry's Ontario Post-Secondary Access and Inclusion Program