For details about this program and what you will learn, please visit georgebrown.ca/S102.
- Student Intake: 30
- Average No. of Applicants 150
- Classes running per year: 2
- Attrition (past five years): 20%
- Employment Record over the past 5 years: Approximately 85%
Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician (S102) Program Selection Process
To apply for the Prosthetic-Orthotic Technician Program, a candidate must have at least the equivalent of an Ontario High School Graduation Diploma with the recommendation that applicants have credits in Physics and Biology OR one can apply as a Mature Student.
The selection of students involves a two-step procedure:
i) Eligible applicants will be invited to take an online admissions test involving subjects covering English, physics, anatomy, and workshop awareness.
Testing will be available on Saturday, March 5th or Sunday, March 6th, 10a.m.-2p.m. (Eastern Standard Time), 2022.
Scheduling and arrangements for this testing will be done via the email applicants submitted when registering with Ontario Colleges.
ii) The top 50 ranked students from the admissions testing will be invited to an online video interview between March 7th and March 11th, 2022.
Online interviews will run from Saturday, March 26, to Friday, April 1, 2022.
Approximately thirty applicants are selected for the first-year class beginning in September of each Calendar year.
Prosthetic-Orthotic Technician Program,
George Brown College Prosthetic & Orthotic Programs
c/o SCIL/U Wing,
2075 Bayview Ave.,
Toronto, Ont. CANADA, M4N 3M5
Technical Program Selection Process Overview:
2022 Application Process:
- Online admissions test on Saturday, March 5, or Sunday, March 6, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Online video interviews from Saturday, March 26, to Friday, April 1, 2022.
- Thirty applicants will be selected for the class that begins in September 2022.