With global fashion industry facing challenges of over-consumption, exploiting labour force and environmental resources, FX was designed to share the growing impact and become a leader in sustainable fashion production. With the people and the planet in mind, it fosters a new generation of industry leaders - committed, professional, and ethical. Fashion Exchange values reside on:
- Innovation and New Technology
- Environmental and Social Sustainability
- Expanding Local Apparel Production
- Meeting Industry Needs
Sustainable Fashion Production (F415)
This Sustainable Fashion Production graduate certificate program prepares graduates to apply sustainability to the pre-production and manufacturing process for apparel.
Apparel Technical Design (F414)
Apparel Technical Designers are the link between design and production as they transform a sketch into the full technical package required for manufacturing a product in quantity.
George Brown College Certificates
Industrial Power Sewing
Graduates will know how to operate sewing equipment and to assemble garments for production.
Apparel Fit Technician
The program will teach you correct pining and marking techniques for major alternations, basic fit concepts, draping and the balance of garments on the body.
Women in Fashion Technology
Women in Fashion Tech provides women the digital and hands on training to secure highly skilled employment in the fashion industry.
Other Services and Programs
FX encompasses a wide range of other services and programs that continue to build closer relationships between the George Brown School of Fashion, industry partners and the community to exchange knowledge and expertise.
- FX provides a working factory laboratory for students to experience and learn in the real world of apparel production
- Supports local design talent
- Performs applied research projects to find solutions to design, product development, manufacturing and circular economy challenges (FX LIFT)
- Meets the gap between fashion design education and design readiness for production
Please contact: GBCFashionExchange@georgebrown.ca.