UPGRADING FOR DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
For diploma programs, a Mature Student is 19 years of age or older by the first day of class and does not have an OSSD (or equivalent) and is a Canadian Citizen, landed immigrant, or sponsored by a Canadian government agency.
If you are missing the pre-requisite courses required for admission to a George Brown College Certificate/Diploma program, please visit the pages below for information on how to attain these credits.
UPGRADING FOR BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
For George Brown bachelor’s degree programs, a Mature Student may be considered for admission if you meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Are 19 years of age or older by the first day of class
- Are a Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant or are sponsored by a Canadian government agency
- Possess the pre-requisite subject requirements at the proper level
- Please note, this does not apply for S118, the BScN with Ryerson. Please see the S118 program page for details
If you are missing the pre-requisite courses required for admission to a George Brown College Degree program (excluding S118 – BScN with Ryerson), please visit the pages below for information on how to attain these credits.
CHOICES at George Brown College
- A one week career and program exploration class for adult (+19) learners
- Free of cost to help discover the best programs for your interests
- Develop an action plan that works for you
- Classes offered throughout the year
- Contact: CHOICES
Having trouble deciding? Need Guidance? Talk to an Entry Advisor!
Our Entry Advisors provide one-on-one sessions (online, in-person, by phone, or by email) as well as workshops and information sessions to help you navigate educational programs and pathways, providing information and/or referrals.
To meet one-on-one with an advisor or register for a free workshop or information session, visit the Entry Advising page.