Mask Fit Test Certificate (if applicable, must be renewed every two years)
- If you are required to get the mask fit test done by your program, the Requisite/ParaMed Office will do this for you the same time you submit your completed Pre-placement forms to the nurse at your scheduled appointment.
- Requisite/ParaMed will only do mask fit test on Saturdays if there are at least 10 students booked an appointment on that day.
- To prepare for mask fit test, please do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum at least one hour before and male students must be clean shaven.
- If you are pregnant or suspect pregnancy, you are not allowed to get the mask fit test done and we need a doctor’s note in order for us to give you an exception.
- Children are not permitted in the mask fit testing area and they are not to be left unattended for any reason or for any period of time at Requisite/ParaMed.
- Requisite/ParaMed Office will only do mask fit test on Saturdays if there are more than 10 students booked an appointment on that day.
- You can obtain the Mask Fit Test from another company or thru your workplace, as long as you have proof of certificate that is valid every two years.
- Please do not go or book any appointment at St. Michael’s Hospital unless the nurse at Requisite/ParaMed Office referred you to have it done there. ParaMed will provide you the St. Michael’s Hospital Student’s N95 Respirator Medical Questionnaire Form and you will pay them a fee for this service.
For students registered in (S102) Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician and (S407) Clinical Methods in Orthotic/Prosthetic programs, your mask fit test will be arranged and completed at Sunnybrook Hospital in September Intake and not required to be done or submitted at Requisite/ParaMed.
Should you have any questions, please contact Suzette Martinuzzi, Pre-placement Coordinator at (416) 415-5000 ext. 3415 firstname.lastname@example.org