Attention: Early Childhood Education (ECE) students who currently reside in Toronto region
- The Clinical Placement Office located at Waterfront campus does not administer or issue the Toronto Police Service application form to Early Childhood Education (ECE) students. If you are registered in any of the ECE programs, it is mandatory that you obtain the Toronto Police application form at the School of ECE department, as it needs to be approved and signed by their ECE Authorized Staff only. For more information, please contact the ECE department at (416) 415-5000 ext. 2310 or email at email@example.com
Special Note: For International Students who currently reside in overseas
- The Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) cannot be started until you are physically in Ontario, Canada. It is essential that you begin the process for the vulnerable sector check, as soon as you arrive and have an official address here in Ontario, Canada, because the process can take at least 2 to 3 months to receive the necessary VSC clearance, particularly if you live in Toronto region with a postal code that start with letter “M”. For more information, please contact us directly.
Special Note: For students who is under 18 years of age
- Unfortunately, most Regional Police Services will not accept and deny your Vulnerable Sector Check application at this time. They will only allow you to apply after you turn the age of 18. For more information, please contact us directly.
- Except for students from the Toronto region, you are eligible to apply now. Click on Youth VSC Online application process below.
TORONTO POLICE SERVICE (POSTAL CODE THAT STARTs WITH THE LETTER “m”)
For students who currently reside in the Toronto region and registered in the Community Services, Health Sciences and Hospitality programs. If you are registered in the School of Early Childhood programs, it is mandatory that you contact the ECE department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and read the blue box announcement above.
To apply for Toronto Police Service Vulnerable Sector Check Online, you must click and download the process that is applicable to you below:
- Adult VSC online application process (over 18 years of age, not for ECE students) (PDF)
- Youth VSC online application process (under 18 years of age, not for ECE students) (PDF)
OTHER REGIONAL POLICE SERVICEs (POSTAL CODE THAT STARTs WITH THE LETTER “k, l, n, p”)
For students who currently reside in another region, click on your specific Regional Police Service website below, read their instructions carefully to learn about their requirements, processing time and fees for obtaining their Vulnerable Sector Check Online Application.
If your Regional Police Service requires a letter from the college, please send email request to Suzette Martinuzzi, Pre-placement Coordinator at email@example.com, with your Full Name, GBC ID#, Program Name, semester, term, Regional Police Service Name and their complete business address. We will send you the letter within 48-72 hours to your email account.
- Durham Regional Police Service
- Halton Regional Police Service
- Hamilton Regional Police Service
- London Regional Police Service
- Ontario Provincial Police Service (OPP)
- Niagara Regional Police Service
- Peel Regional Police Service
- South Simcoe Police
- York Regional Police Service
OUT OF PROVINCE
For students who currently reside in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, New Foundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, North West Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Quebec & Yukon, please contact us first before you apply and pay for vulnerable sector check at your specific regional police service.