Resources for Employers
The Importance of Creating an Inclusive Workplace Environment
Creating an inclusive workplace environment is of paramount importance in today's diverse and interconnected world. It goes beyond simply meeting legal requirements; it is about fostering a sense of belonging and respect for all employees, regardless of their background, abilities, or identities. By ensuring physical and digital accessibility, providing necessary accommodations, and embracing diversity in all its forms, employers can create a welcoming and supportive environment. Recognizing the crucial role employers play in supporting their employees, we have assembled resources to assist you in attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. If you have questions, feel free to contact us!
Diversity in the Workplace
A diverse workforce enhances creativity, innovation, and problem-solving capabilities and promotes a richer and more inclusive organizational culture. By fostering diversity, employers can tap into a broader talent pool, improve decision-making processes, and increase adaptability to changing market dynamics.
Resources to Support Diversity in the Workplace
- Resources for Black Students
- Resources for 2SLGBTQIA+
- Resources for Indigenous
- Resources for Newcomers
- Employment Equity Act (Government of Canada)
- Rights in the workplace (Government of Canada)
- Your guide to the Employment Standards Act (Ontario)
- Unlocking Authentic Communications in a Culturally-Diverse Workplace
- How to Speak Up Against Racism at Work (LinkedIn Learning)
- Supporting Allyship and Anti-Racism at Work (LinkedIn Learning)
- Hire Immigrants
- Orbit 5 - Hire International Students and Grads
- The Employer's Roadmap - Who can work in Canada? (Goverment of Canada)
Accessibility in the Workplace
An accessible workplace removes barriers that may prevent individuals from fully participating in and contributing to the workforce. By implementing accessible design principles, providing assistive technologies, and accommodating individual needs, employers not only comply with legal obligations but also create a supportive and inclusive atmosphere.
Resources to Support Accessibility in the Workplace
- Resources for Job Seekers about Disabilities, Well-Being and Accommodations
- Summary of the Accessible Canada Act (Government of Canada)
- Handbook for Accessible Employment: Under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Accessible Technology for All
- Workplace Strategies for Mental Health
- Ontario Municipal Social Services Association
- Completing your Accessibility Compliance Report
- Accessibility Services Canada
- AccessForward - Training for an accessible Ontario
- Job Accommodation Network
- EnAbling Change Program
- Capital Grant - Ontario Trillium Foundation
Ready to hire a GBC Student or Grad?
Are you ready to hire a GBC grad or alumni? Visit our GBCareers Page to discover the seamless process of hiring talented individuals from our institution. On the GBCareers Page, you can find comprehensive information about the hiring process, browse through frequently asked questions (FAQs), and gain valuable insights into our graduates' skills and qualifications. Don't miss the opportunity to tap into our pool of exceptional talent. Head over to our GBCareers Page today and find your next valuable addition to your team.