Graduation and Convocation Frequently Asked Questions

Main Content
Am I eligible to graduate?

In order to graduate in the current convocation ceremonies, you must complete all your program requirements by the end of the Winter 2024 term and your records must be in good standing.

All students' records must be in good standing by the deadline indicated on the Important Dates for Graduates timeline, (to be in good standing, you must not have any outstanding fees, fines or loans, including book and equipment loans on your account).

Check STU-VIEW to ensure your account is cleared of any holds that may prevent your graduation.

Can I attend the current ceremonies?

Full-time and Part-time, Post-secondary and Apprentice graduates who completed their program in the Spring 2023, Fall 2023, and Winter 2024 terms and did not attend a previous convocation for the same program are eligible to attend the current convocation ceremonies.

To see your program's ceremony date and time, please see the convocation ceremonies schedule.

Who should apply to graduate?

If you are a Full-time, Post-secondary or Apprenticeship student registered in the final semester of your program, and meet the requirements to graduate, you will be graduated automatically by the college.

Do I need to RSVP to attend convocation?

If you are planning to attend your convocation ceremony, you must reserve your seats via your STU-VIEW account by theRSVP deadline.

If I am not attending convocation, how will I get my credential?

If you are not attending your convocation ceremony your credential will be mailed to you by the date indicated on the Important Dates for Graduates timeline. Please note you are not required to inform us of your decision to not attend.

How will I receive convocation and/or Graduation Information?

To ensure you receive all information or documents in a timely manner, please confirm the contact information (address, email, phone number) we have on file is up to date on STU-VIEW.

When possible, we will correspond with you through your George Brown e-mail. Please check this account frequently for updates.

If your credential was returned to the college by the post office, please contact the Academic Records Office at for assistance. Please note the college will only keep your credential on file until mid-August of the current convocation ceremonies year. Graduates who request to receive their credential after mid-August must request a replacement copy online at and pay the applicable replacement fee.

How do I reserve my tickets for convocation?

All graduates must reserve their convocation tickets through STU-VIEW during the RSVP Window.

To attend the convocation ceremonies, you must reserve your seats by theRSVP deadline. You can RSVP even if you are unsure if you are graduating.

To complete the RSVP process, you are required to know your height for proper gown fitting and the total number of guests (maximum of 4) you would like to reserve tickets for.

How will I get my tickets?

Tickets are ONLY issued to confirmed graduates and will be emailed and available on STU-VIEW after the RSVP deadline. You may view the ticket issue date at RSVP for Convocation and Tickets.

How many guests am I allowed?

All graduates are allowed a maximum of 4 guest tickets.

Do graduates need a ticket?

All graduates and guests must have a ticket to attend the ceremony. For example, if you request tickets for 2 guests, you will receive a total of 3 tickets. One of the tickets will be designated as a ticket for the graduate that you must bring to the venue on the day of your ceremony.

My family member needs a temporary residents visa (TRV) to attend my convocation. What do I need to do?

Follow these steps if you want to invite a family member from overseas to convocation:

  • Write a Letter of Invitation: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has a guide for you to follow. This is only a guide, you must write the invitation yourself and your letter must be written in English (In some cases, the letter may need to be notarized).

International Students – May request an optional Letter of Enrolment (if currently enrolled) OR Graduation letter (if program completed) from the International Office

Domestic Students – May request an optional Letter of Enrolment through, or optional graduation letter by emailing if they have graduated.

  • Send the letters to your invited person. The person requesting the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), must include the invitation letter with their application to their local visa office.

See more information on how to write the invitation letter at  Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

See more information for international students at International Graduating Students