What is a transcript?
A transcript is a complete record of the grades you earned while attending college. An unofficial transcript is available within your STU-View account at stuview.georgebrown.ca. Official transcripts may be requested through the options below. If an official transcript is to be presented to an educational institution, it must be addressed to the institution and presented in a sealed envelope with the official college stamp. It is recommended that these requests be mailed directly to institutions by the college.
Official Transcript Requests
- Each individual transcript copy is $15.00 Canadian dollars (taxes and shipping included, for any destination).
- Each transcript contains all courses and programs completed at George Brown College by the student.
- This fee is non-refundable once processed.
- Requests made by anyone other than a student will require written consent from the student. The written consent must include the name of the student, the name of the third party, the date, and a signature. The third party must provide valid photo identification before the request can be made.
How to request an official transcript
Online through George Brown
Important Notice: George Brown College has adopted the MyCreds™ platform for issuing official transcripts.
You may now request your official transcript by filling out the following request form: Academic Records Request Form
Online through Ontario Colleges or OUAC
If you are requesting a transcript for an Ontario post-secondary institution, and an application has already been submitted through Ontario Colleges or the Ontario University Application Centre, an online transcript request can be made on their websites. Visit Ontario Colleges or the Ontario University Application Centre.
Nursing License Requests
- Former nursing students who are seeking credential evaluation from an out-of-province licensing body may submit these requests to email@example.com
- If there is a form from the licensing body that must be completed, please be sure to attach it in your email.
- The following fees will apply for these requests:
- Official Transcript only - $15
- Completion of Forms from the Licensing Body, including a record of program - $70
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing following receipt of your payment.
A fee of $85.00 is required for these requests ($15.00 for the transcript & $70.00 for the Nursing License forms and program information). Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
Bachelor of Science Nursing program (BScN)
Important: If you graduated from the collaborative Nursing degree program, your official transcripts for your BScN are only available through Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU), formerly known as Ryerson University.
You can obtain a transcript request form online via TMU’s transcript request portal or by contacting the their Records department at 416-979-5136.
Important Notice: George Brown College has adopted the MyCreds™ platform and will begin issuing digitized credentials via MyCreds later this month.
- Later this month, George Brown College alumni may contact us to have their previous credentials issued via MyCreds. Please check back for further details.
- Please note that future graduates will not need to submit a credential request; your digitized credential will be issued to MyCreds automatically a few weeks after the end of each term, and a hard copy will be sent to you in the mail or provided at your convocation ceremony.
- For further information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions about MyCreds or contact the Academic Records department directly: Contact the Records Department.