What students do
Students take on real world management analytics projects as part of their program and are supervised by faculty. They leverage current analytical tools such as Python, R, SAS and others to solve problems.
- Opportunity to receive academic credit by working on real-life project
- Develop a bold mix skills including some programming, applied statistical comprehension and database understanding in the context of organizational Big Data requirements
- Build resume and portfolio
- Expand professional and peer network
- Experience working in a high-performing and team-oriented culture
- Increased self-confidence and enhanced soft and technical skills
Our students work with a variety of software solution vendors including SAS, IBM, Tableau, R, and Mongo DB as well as open-source cloud server resources for data management and processing. We partner with global enterprises like Microsoft and Johnson and Johnson as well as Canadian companies like Rogers Communications, TD Bank, and TELUS.
The program has amazing insights into reading and understanding data and numbers, creating databases. The program layout is one of the best I've seen. It's a 360 view of becoming an analyst, from understanding the fundamentals of business, including marketing strategies and problems, to figuring out the complex statistics needed to solve the business problem.
The professors provide great feedback and encouragement. They always made themselves available to the students and showed support for the entire program. I was impressed by the quick turn-around time and the feedback I’ve received.
I feel that over the duration of the course I gained a lot of knowledge and practical strategies that have benefited me, and those I deal with personally and professionally. The course exceeded my expectations significantly. I understand how databases work, and it is opening up a whole new dimension! It’s fantastic!
Annissa Rodriguez-Ramdhanie (All Canadian Self Storage)