Show content for:

Can I work on campus?

Main Content

International Students

If you are a registered, full-time international student with a study permit, you are able to work at any job on campus without having a work permit. However, you must have a valid study permit that lists a condition that says you're allowed to work on- or off-campus. To see if you qualify check Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) guidelines for work permits for students.

To work on campus, you must:

  • Have a valid study permit
  • Be registered full-time in a certificate, diploma, or degree-granting program
  • Have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)

You must stop working on campus on the day you are no longer studying full-time or when your study permit expires.

Please note you need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada to work in Canada or to receive benefits and services from government programs.

Spring Program Delivery

Learn more about how our Spring 2024 programs will be delivered.

Learn more