Show content for:

My family member needs a Temporary Residents Visa (TRV) to attend my convocation. What documents do I need to provide?

Main Content

Follow these steps if you want to invite a family member from overseas to convocation: ·

  • Write a Letter of Invitation: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has a guide for you to follow. This is only a guide, you must write the invitation yourself and your letter must be written in English (In some cases, the letter may need to be notarized).
  • Request an optional Letter of Enrolment (if currently enrolled) OR Graduation letter (if program completed) from the Letter Request page of International Enrolment Services.
  • Send the letters to your invited person. The person requesting the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), must include the invitation letter with their application to their local visa office.

See more information on how to write the invitation letter at  Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

See more information for international students at International Graduating Students.

Spring Program Delivery

Learn more about how our Spring 2024 programs will be delivered.

Learn more