Lifelong learning is the continuous pursuit of knowledge and skills throughout one's life. It is crucial in today's world due to the rapid pace of technological advancements and changes in the job market. Here are some reasons why lifelong learning is important:
5 reasons for Lifelong learning
Lifelong learning helps individuals develop a sense of curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking. It allows individuals to explore their interests and passions, which can lead to personal growth and fulfillment.
Lifelong learning can enhance an individual's knowledge and skills, making them more competitive in the job market. It can lead to career advancement opportunities and higher salaries.
Adapting to Change
Lifelong learning helps individuals adapt to changes in their personal and professional lives. It allows individuals to stay up-to-date with new technologies, trends, and best practices.
Lifelong learning keeps the mind active and can help prevent cognitive decline as individuals age.
Contributing to Society
Lifelong learning can also contribute to society by fostering innovation and creativity, and helping individuals develop the skills needed to solve complex societal issues.
- Check out Continuing Education to learn about the programs that George Brown College offers you.
- Check out LinkedIn Learning (free for one year after graduation) to uncover the many online courses available to you from the day of your last class for one year. Once in the Learning Commons area click on FIND RESOURCES to locate LinkedIn Learning. Use your student credentials to sign in, which you can use for one year after graduation.
- Check out our free LinkedIn Master Class.
- Alumni Relations is now offering a complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning for alumni who have graduated more than a year, for details, please check out the LinkedIn Learning page.
- We are rolling out a dynamic series of workshops for alumni to dive deep into topics like increasing market visibility, converting interviews into job offers, and more! Check out the Career Development Workshop Series page here for details and registration.
- Alumni Relations has partnered with the LinkedIn Guys to offer GBC alumni with a series of webinars on LinkedIn techniques, entrepreneurship, and using AI for job search etc. to turbocharge your career. Check out the Webinar Series with LinkedIn Guys page for details and registration.