Academic Records

Your academic record reflects your academic achievements while at George Brown College. You may need it to apply for a job or to another college or university. Your name as it appears on your STU-View record will be printed on your credential and transcript. It is in your best interest to ensure your record is correct (e.g. proper spelling of your name).

Academic Records

The Office of the Registrar performs the following functions to assist you:

  • Processes student grades and academic standing when these are received from the academic faculties.
  • Computes grade points and grade point averages.
  • Produces transcripts.
  • Grants diplomas, certificates and degrees.

Access to Records

Your records (personal information) are the property of the college. The college is bound by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (2002). Only you (or someone with your written permission) can view and obtain a copy of your records. To protect your confidentiality and the college’s liability, you must provide written consent for a third party to access or discuss personal information held by the college.

*NEW* Request Your Records or a Confirmation of Enrolment Online

In order for our office provide quick and efficient service for George Brown College students, alumni and external organizations, we have moved our services to a secure online self-service website, please visit our Requests page for more information.

Students can now securely request, pay for, and share:

  • Official Transcripts
  • Credential (Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees)
  • Confirmation of Enrolments

Holds on Records

If you owe the college money, have not returned college property, or have other outstanding issues, the college can hold your records, including:

  • Transcripts
  • Tax forms
  • Other college documents
  • Diplomas, certificates and degrees
  • Letters of attendance

For additional information, please visit: