The WAVE Dental Clinic is now open for limited patient treatments. Patients must pre-register.
To ensure the safety of all and to comply with physical distancing and Public Health safety protocols, the following procedures and processes have been put in place:
Patient Registration Information:
- To register for an appointment, new patients must register
- Using our online registration form.
- by phone at (416) 415-4547 between 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to an anticipated high volume of calls, we recommend patients use our online registration form for faster service.
- Only those with a confirmed appointment will be granted access to the Daphne Cockwell Centre for Health Sciences building at 51 Dockside Drive
- Walk-ins will not be allowed into the building
- All new and existing patients must pre-register for an appointment
- Only those patients who have been assigned to a student and have a confirmed appointment will be seen
PLEASE NOTE: There is no guarantee that clients who register will be granted an appointment during the Fall Semester. It may take several months to be assigned to a student.
COVID-19 Screening & Onsite Safety Process:
Prior to arrival
- Prior to the scheduled appointment, all patients will be screened via telephone.
- All patients who have a confirmed appointment will be screened for COVID-19 upon entering the building. Please allow an additional 15 minutes for this process.
- All patients must wear a face mask at all times except during the treatment process.
- All patients will be expected to maintain physical distance and follow good hand hygiene while on campus.
- All patients feeling ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must reschedule their appointment.
- All patients who screen probable for COVID-19 will not be allowed into the college or the WAVE Clinics.
- Only the person who has the confirmed appointment will be admitted to the building.
- Any patient who requires an accommodation may be accompanied by one individual.
- Please inform the student or staff of any required accommodation at the time of the appointment booking.
- Accompanying individuals will also be screened for COVID-19 (including temperature check) and will be required to wear a mask and follow all safety protocols such as maintaining physical distance and good hand hygiene.
- Attendants will wait outside the Clinic in the reception area unless absolutely required.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early to accommodate the screening process.
- Please bring your own face mask which must be worn at all times except during the provision of treatment in the clinic. Please click here for instructions on how to properly wear a face mask.
- Upon arrival to the main door at the campus, please proceed to the front of the line and identify yourself as a WAVE Client patient to George Brown Security. Your appointment will be confirmed by security and screening questions for COVID-19 will be asked.
- Upon successful screening (results are negative), you will be directed to the WAVE Clinics reception area on the second floor, Room 227.
- Please wait outside the WAVE Clinics Reception following physical distancing until the reception staff are ready to receive you.
- A limited number of patients will be allowed inside the WAVE Clinic Reception area at any time.
- Upon entrance to the Reception area, you will be asked to hand sanitize. Please click here for instructions on how to properly rub your hands while sanitizing.
- A secondary screening will be conducted at the WAVE Clinic Reception.
- Patients with a positive secondary screening will be dismissed from the WAVE Clinic Reception and referred to Public Health Ontario and their health care provider.
- Please expect to pay for your treatment in advance of your appointment during the WAVE Clinic Registration process.
- We are currently only accepting debit or credit card payments.
- We are not currently accepting cash or personal cheques.
- You will be escorted into the WAVE Dental Clinic area once the WAVE Clinic Reception personnel have completed their check-in process.
- Patients who arrive late may have their appointments rescheduled.
- Upon completion of the appointment, patients will be asked to hand sanitize and wear a mask until they have exited through the main floor East doors of the building.
- If you become ill with COVID-19 within 2 weeks after your appointment, please contact us at:
WAVE Clinic Client Services email: email@example.com, phone #: 416 415 4547 or call the George Brown College Contact Centre at 416-415-2000 or Toll-free: 1-800-265-2002