Via the Digital Learning Initiative (DLI), eLearning and Teaching Innovation (eLTI) is currently in the process of migrating from COMeT to a new Course Outline Mapping and Management System (COMMS). The new COMMS system delivers not only course outlines, but improved course outline management, improved ease of use, and integrated curriculum mapping functionality.
Among the many benefits COMMS delivers are:
- Consistent communication of college, school, department and program information.
- Consistent course outcomes and assessments by course code.
- Dynamically generated curriculum mapping data and support for comprehensive and annual program reviews.
- Support for a more rigorous and consistent annual program review process throughout the college by putting data in the hands of the academic units.
- Streamlined management approval processes.
- Management analytics.
This September eight schools including the School of Human Resources, School of Management, School of Marketing, School of Accounting and Finance, School of Dental Health, School of ESL, Chef School and the School of Hospitality have all gone live with COMMS. eLTI is still taking requests for the next wave of migrators.