For information on our Pass/ Not Pass option that was available for the Winter 2020 term only, please see Pass/Not Pass - Option for Winter 2020 document.

Grading Scheme

To view your grades, login to STU-VIEW.

George Brown College records grades using letter values, as shown below:
Note: Designation is only used for Post-Secondary diploma, certificate or degree programs and does not apply to Continuing Education programs.

Appealing a Grade

Percentage Letter Points Designation
90-100 A+ 4

Diploma and certificate programs: 3.5 or higher grade point average (GPA)
Degree programs: 3.7 or higher GPA

86-89 A 4
80-85 A- 3.7
77-79 B+ 3.3
73-76 B 3

In good standing
Diploma and certificate programs: 1.7 or higher GPA and all courses have been passed
Degree programs: 2.3 or higher GPA

70-72 B- 2.7
67-69 C+ 2.3
63-66 C 2
60-62 C- 1.7

On condition
Diploma and certificate programs: less than 1.7 GPA or one or more failed courses
Degree programs: less than 2.3 GPA

57-59 D+ 1.3
50-56 D 1
0-49 F 0

For appeal policies, consult

Assistance is available through your academic department or the Student Association.