In our modern and updated learning space, you will have access to the best equipment, the latest technology and instructors with industry experience.
Expand your creativity through hands-on training designed to make you job ready for even the most exacting restaurant or kitchen environment. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, the home base for George Brown’s Chef School features:
- State-of-the-art specialty cooking, bar and wine labs, including student project space for group work.
- Fully equipped classrooms and computer labs with Smart classroom automation/AV featuring the most current industry software.
- Top-notch industry-trained faculty and staff who have experience at some of the world's finest hotels, resorts and restaurants.
- Our ‘Chef on the Run take-out shop which sells meals to the public prepared daily by our culinary students.
- The Café which provides hands-on work experience to students while providing casual meals and snacks to the public.
The Chefs' House – learn in a real-life restaurant environment
Torontonians are passionate about food. At The Chefs’ House, you will have the chance to interact with customers in real life work situations within our student-operated restaurant in the heart of downtown
Whether you’re applying your culinary training, trying out a new recipe from your pastry courses or using hotel and restaurant management skills, you’ll get to work in a fully functioning, high-end restaurant.
Working at The Chefs’ House, you will have the chance to:
- Work with top talent from Canada and around the world
- Cook in a state-of-the-art kitchen under the supervision of renowned chefs
- Serve to the exacting standards of discerning diners
- Get real world experience in a hip, dynamic restaurant
“When you look at the set-up here, I wish I were a student. Honestly, when I went to college, we had nowhere near the kind of set-up they’ve got here at The Chefs’ House. I’m blown away with the standards that are produced here.”
-Chef Gordon Ramsay, celebrity chef
Visit www.thechefshouse.com for more information.
The CHCA Café Promotes Live Lab Learning
Chef School students enjoy many opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills in a real-world setting.
The Café features third-semester Integrated Culinary students under the direction of chef technologists. Students working at The Café get to put the techniques they learned in the classroom to practical use, complete a
required field placement and gain first-hand experience in running an eatery.
Chef School students also serve up takeout lunches and dinners, as well as baked items, at Chef on the Run, open Monday to Friday between noon and 3 p.m. in the atrium of the CHCA building.
At the Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts, students are taught and practice what we call First Impressions, which sets them apart from their industry peers and helps them achieve professionalism and pride in their conduct.
The industry looks to us as leaders in our field. We want and need each and every one of our students to be proud of the industry they’re working in and live up to the high standards set by our First Impressions Program.
For more information on how First Impressions can advance your education, please visit the First Impressions program page.