The post-graduation work permit (PGWP) is a work permit that graduates may be eligible to apply for upon completion of their program.
- The permit is valid from 8 months to up to a maximum of three (3) years, depending on the length of the academic program
- The permit allows students to work anywhere within Canada
- Students are not required to find a job related to their field of study.
- Post-Graduation Work Permit application must be applied online in most cases
- Students do not need a job offer to apply for a post-graduation work permit.
- The work permit is an “open” permit and not employer specific (which means that students do not need to change their work permit every time they change a job).
- If you complete any Community and Health Sciences programs, H402, R107 and T402 programs, and want to work in your field, a recent medical exam by a Panel Physician may be required by IRCC if you want to receive a Work Permit without any restrictions attached.
To learn more about the PGWP eligibility requirements, please refer to the IRCC website.
NOTE: This information has been reviewed by a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA). However, immigration policies can change without notice. For the most up to date information, please refer to the IRCC website directly at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship