Show content for:

How do I withdraw from a program?


Prior to withdrawing from your program/course, you are strongly encouraged to speak to an academic advisor, counsellor, or faculty member to explore your options. In many cases, there may be an alternative to withdrawing from college altogether.

To officially withdraw from your program, you must submit a withdrawal request prior to the published deadline. Not attending classes or simply notifying the professor of your intention to withdraw is not an acceptable notification for program withdrawal.

Please Note: Failure to officially withdraw will result in "DNA" (Did Not Attend) or "F" grades on your final transcript.

Domestic Students:

Domestic students must submit a withdrawal request via one of the following methods:

  • Log in to your STU-VIEW account, select Registration Services, and then follow the links to withdraw from your program.
  • Write a letter stating your intention to withdraw, and including your student ID number and the program code. This withdrawal request must be sent from the student's email address. Send an inquiry to the Registration Department .
  • If you have applied for an OSAP loan, you must also inform Financial Assistance (OSAP) of your decision to withdraw.
  • To be eligible for a partial refund, you must submit your withdrawal request by the tenth day of classes for the term. If you do so, you will receive a full refund of tuition fees for the semester, minus the $500 non-refundable deposit (for domestic students). After the tenth day of classes, students will no longer be eligible for a refund, but may still withdraw from their program until the Last Day to Withdraw from a Program without Academic Penalty.
  • See the George Brown College Important Dates webpage for exact dates and for more information visit the Withdrawal and Refund Policy webpage.

International Students:

International students follow a different process to withdraw:

Spring Program Delivery

Learn more about how our Spring 2024 programs will be delivered.

Learn more