How to Register


Who can register

Students who have a permanent or temporary disability or who suspect they have a disability and are awaiting an assessment are eligible to receive academic accommodations from Accessible Learning Services.

Permanent disability is a documented disability which is expected to be ongoing in nature and will require accommodations throughout the student’s time in college.

Temporary disability is a documented disability requiring accommodation which has a recognized endpoint.

Example—a student with a broken arm may require note taking services while they are healing.

Interim accommodations may be available if you are experiencing a first experience of a medical or mental health concern.

Please note
A diagnosis of a permanent disability is required to access most financial supports and bursaries

Getting it done

Don Kezima, our intake coordinator, is your first point of contact.

Step 1

Print, fill out and sign the confidential intake form word icon

  • Print the form and complete all sections.
  • Put N/A for anything that doesn’t apply to you.
  • Sign the Statement of Confidentiality.

Step 2

Collect your supporting documents
Having the right documents helps us to understand your needs and plan for appropriate academic accommodation.

Step 3

Submit your intake form and documents - email, fax, or in person
Remember to keep an extra copy of everything for your own records.

What happens next?

The Intake Coordinator will email you to confirm your registration with Accessible Learning Services and send you the contact information for your campus.
You will contact your campus office directly to book your first appointment with your consultant or to arrange test accommodations if you need them.

You may need test accommodations to take the one of the following:

These tests are part of starting a George Brown College program.

If you are taking a test

Quick Links