Some helpful Guidelines for Campus Safety Include:
- Be constantly aware of surroundings. Stay in well-lit areas.
- Know Security’s number from a college phone:
- Security Emergency Line: (416) 415-4000
- Non-emergency line: 416-415-5000 ext. 8000.
- Store Security’s emergency number (right) in your phone for easy access in the event of an emergency.
- Keep your cell phone in your hand while walking to or from Campus in the evening.
- Keep your keys in your hand on your way to your vehicle. For an escort, call Safe Walk.
CONTACT FOR SAFE WALK: 416-415-5000 extension 2020, or if calling from a college phone, dial 2020.
- Do not carry too many bags or items. Do not leave your belongings unattended.
- Emergency call boxes- Know the locations; these connect directly to campus security.
- Avoid entering an elevator if you feel uncomfortable about the person(s) present.
- Consider the campus dome mirrors (allowing you to see around corners in hallways).
- Secure your locker and do not leave valuables in your locker.
- First Aid: For first aid during or after business hours, please call the security line.
- For more information: Please see the Public Safety and Security Emergency Procedures and Contacts Pamphlet.
- Refer to the Emergency Preparedness displays throughout the College.
- The College’s Public Safety brochure stands feature educational documents offering information on topic-specific safety, security, and legal rights issues. These documents are available free for use and are located near the security desk at each campus.
- Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada: http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/
- Community Information Centre referrals service: 416-397-INFO (4636)
Note: These are general guidelines to improve your safety while on campus.
“System-wide Security in Concert with System-wide Safety.”