Employers look for real-world experience when hiring new graduates. That’s why George Brown College gives you the opportunity to learn by doing. Our students develop skills by doing the job—98 per cent of our career-focused programs offer at least one experiential learning opportunity that can include field placements, co-ops, interactive simulations and more.
WHAT IS EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING?
Basically, it means learning by doing. It encompasses all the ways you get hands-on, sector-specific experience at George Brown.
Gain real-world experience through apprenticeships, co-ops, clinical placements, field placements, internships and more.
Simulated work environments
Providing services for the public
- Create meals and provide an amazing guest experience at The Chefs' House
- Provide health and wellness services at the WAVE (Wellness, Applied Research and Visionary Education) clinics
- Work with children and their families at college-managed childcare centres
- Help run the student-design retail outlet, IN Store
- Deliver results and offer business advice at the Consulting Hub
Research & Innovation
Problem solve with industry and community partners and help bring new products and services to life.
StartGBC is a hub that can help students get a business idea off the ground. Budding entrepreneurs have access to resources, mentorship and workshops.