About the play
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Aaron Willis*
As You Like It subverts the traditional rules of romance. Gender roles, nature and politics are confused in a play that reflects on how bewildering yet utterly pleasurable life can be. Witty words and romance play out against the disputes of divided pairs of brothers. Shakespeare’s pastoral comedy, believed to have been written in 1599 and first published in the First Folio in 1623, not only insists that people can and do change, but also celebrates their ability to change for the better.
Young Centre for the Performing Arts
50 Tank House Lane, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
- Wednesday, April 10, 2024 -- 7:30PM
- Friday, April 12, 2024 -- 7:30PM
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 -- 1:30PM
- Tuesday, April 16, 2024 -- 7:30PM
- Thursday, April 18, 2024 -- 7:30PM
- Saturday, April 20, 2024 -- 7:30PM
*The participation of these Artists is arranged by permission of the Canadian Actors’ Equity Association under the provisions of the Dance.Opera.Theatre Policy (DOT).