Program Name: Early Childhood Management Certificate (Post-Diploma)
Credential: George Brown College Certificate (Post-Graduate)
Method of Study: Part-time
Duration: 3 Semesters
School: Early Childhood
Starting Months: September, January, May
Winter 2023 Delivery: Early Childhood Management Certificate classes that start January 2023 will be delivered 100% online.
The Early Childhood (EC) Management Certificate (Post-Diploma) program prepares supervisors and directors for their role and responsibilities in childcare centres, family childcare, preschool, nursery school, family drop-in centres, family literacy programs and early intervention services. This program also prepares students for management and leadership in the integrated early childhood system that is emerging in Ontario.
The EC Management Certificate program includes six courses - five compulsory and one elective.
- Communication Strategies for Managers
- Curriculum Design and Pedagogical Leadership
- Supervision and Staff Development
- Financial Management
- Advocacy and Policy Issues
Electives (Pick One):
- Working with Boards of Directors
- Advanced Studies in Inclusive Early Childhood Programs
How to Qualify and Apply
Applicants must have one-year full time experience in an early childhood setting and be at least one of the following:
- ECE Diploma program graduate or equivalent,
- Approved by the Ontario Ministry for Children and Youth Services and currently as a director/supervisor in a regulated child care setting OR
- Currently working in an early childhood/family setting that is not a regulated childcare program
School of Early Childhood
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 2310
Our office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information about George Brown College, you may also call the Contact Centre at 416-415-2000 (TTY 1-877-515-5559) or long distance 1-800-265-2002.