George Brown Theatre invites you for Theatre Program Auditions
In order to qualify for an audition, apply through the Ontario Colleges Application Service
For all theatre program inquiries, contact: 416-415-5000, ext. 2167 or 1-800-265-2002
All potential students must apply through the Ontario College Application Service (www.ontariocolleges.ca).
Entrance into the three-year, professional, actor-training course (P104) is based on in-person auditions and/or interviews.
All applicants who meet the College’s requirements for post-secondary study will receive an audition appointment. Auditions take place in April and May for September intake. There is no January intake.
Although we encourage everyone to do an in-person audition, if you are 650 kilometres or more from Toronto and cannot make the trip, we are more than happy to arrange an audition via Skype. Please contact our office to make arrangements.
Potential students are to present two contrasting monologues and one song. Both the monologues and the song must be memorized.
- two contrasting monologues: one chosen from the classical repertoire
- i.e. 1575-1700, the other contemporary i.e. after 1900
- the monologues MUST be from published plays (stories, poetry, movies, TV or self-written material is not acceptable)
- monologues must not exceed 1½ minutes each
- the monologues should be of a contrasting nature to show two different sides of your personality
- the song can be from any repertoire
- you will be singing without accompaniment.
There will be a $50.00 audition fee, payable when you arrive on the day of your audition. We only accept cash or money order (personal cheques and credit cards are not acceptable and we do not have a debit machine). Students who arrive without the fee will not be able to audition.